Back to Basics – Vulnerability Management: A Maturity Approach
Implementing a vulnerability management (VM) program provides visibility into your networked assets and identifies potential threats to the infrastructure. It’s also a foundational element to managing an effective IT risk management program. In this white paper VioPoint presents the basics of vulnerability management and highlights efficiencies that can be achieved through automating and maturing a VM program.
The ABC’s of Web Security: Making SMB Sites Safe for Customers
Imagine a thief skulking around a mall parking lot. While that thief could go through the trouble of risk of detection by breaking windows to steal from some cars, he’s probably going to simply move from car to car checking for open doors. And more likely than not, at least a few of those car owners will have kindly left their doors unlocked. Guess which cars in this scenario are most likely to be hit?
You can think of Web application security in the same way. Defend against the most convenient break-in methods used by hackers and you’re likely to avoid most types of break-ins.
So how do organizations go about the process of locking the proverbial doors on their Web apps?
In this white paper, Cenzic, a leader in Web application security, describes the ABC’s of application security not as a checklist, but as a continuous protection cycle.
Denial of Service Attacks: a Comprehensive Guide to Trends, Techniques, and Technologies
On hacker forums, denial of service remains the most discussed topic. Hackers continue to develop tools to optimize this attack method. Why? Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks do not seek to breach data integrity or privacy; they can be conducted without the requirement of identifying vulnerabilities to exploit the application. This report catalogs the latest trends, techniques and technologies deployed by hackers and gives security professionals specific steps to mitigate the threat.
Tips on Implementing an Effective Vendor Risk Management Program
Are your vendors protecting your data? Outsoucing critical services and data can complicate an organization’s ability to effectively manage the security and compliance of their critical assets.
In this paper VioPoint provides tips on building and managing an effective Vendor Risk Management Program.
Back to Basics – SIEM: A Realistic Approach to SIEM Deployments
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies can significantly improve an organization’s detection posture, but successfully deploying security programs like this can be challenging in today’s evolving landscape, especially in the face of budget and resource constraints.
In this paper, discover a realistic approach to effective SIEM projects including the following:
- Fundamental basics that must be established
- Critical success factors for avoiding stalled projects
- Utilizing metrics to help executive management understand the value of this investment
The Changing Landscape of Network Penetration Testing
Virtual thieves, attackers, and accidental mishaps all pose significant threats to your information assets. To understand potential exposures and establish controls that protect corporate assets, businesses perform vulnerability assessments and penetration tests against their infrastructure. The purpose of these tests is to mimic real world attacks and identify risks before malicious users can exploit them.
In this paper VIOPONT provides insight on how traditional attacks have evolved and why it’s important for security professionals to keep up with the trends by adapting their security testing.
Investment Firm Retains VioPoint to Help Secure New Website
Integrating security into the development of a website ensures that the availability of customer data is protected. Read our latest case study on how VioPoint helped a local investment firm secure their new website.
Beyond Compliance: VioPoint Helps ITC Transmission Implement Vulnerability Management
Vulnerability Management Programs give organizations ongoing visibility of potential risks. Read our case study on how VioPoint developed and implemented a vulnerability management program for a large energy transmission company.
Fulton County Health Center – A Case Study in Efficient and Effective Healthcare HIPAA Compliance
While HIPAA compliance is certainly not new to healthcare organizations, finding efficient and effective methods to manage this complex process has become increasingly important. Fulton Conty Health Center, a full service non-profit community hopital, recently partnered with VioPoint to meet their HIPAA compliance regulations and effectively keep critical information safe.
Balancing Organizational Risk and HIPAA Compliance: A Healthcare Case Study
One of the greatest challenges faced by healthcare providers is adapting to rapid change while also securing patient data. A large healthcare system recently partnered with VioPoint to conduct a high-level risk assessment that effectively translated their high-risk areas into a two year security roadmap.
ITC Transmission Reduces Risk with Managed Security Program
The Director of Information Technology Services for ITC Transmission gives insight into the energy utility industry and how VioPoint has helped them effectively manage risk with their security program.
- VioPoint Announces New Hire Jen Fox as Senior Security Consultant
- VioPoint Announces New Hire Jimmy Vo as Security Consultant
- VioPoint Announces New Hire Scott Thomas as Security Consultant
- GrrCON Delivered By Bringing Security People Together
- VioPoint Security Consultant to Present at SecTor 2013 in Toronto
- Detroit Based Technology Guru Blends Education and Experience to Succeed
- Quotes from J. Wolfgang Goerlich from SC Magazine Whitepaper, Database Security - Protecting the Company’s Crown Jewels
- VioPoint Appoints J. Wolfgang Goerlich as Vice President of Consulting Services
- VioPoint Announces New Hire Mark Kikta as Security Consultant
- VioPoint Security Consultant to Present at BSides Detroit 2013
- VioPoint Announces New Hire Josh Little as Senior Security Consultant
- VioPoint Partners with Cenzic to Improve Web Application Security
- Beaumont Health System Nominated for 2012 Information Security Executive®
- VioPoint Partners with Qualys to Provide Vulnerability Management and Policy Compliance Services
- VioPoint Partners With Zscaler to Provide Cloud Security
- VioPoint Announces a New Security Service Offering
- VioPoint Presents Webinar on the Risks of Social Networking to Corporate Data
- VioPoint Presents Seminar on New Strategic Risk Managment Program Offering
- VioPoint and Imprivata to Host Information Security Webinar Featuring OneAmerica Financial Partners
- VioPoint Presents C.Y.A. Strategies – Building an Effective Security and Risk Management Program
- VioPoint Presenting at Northwest Ohio Shared Services (NOSS) Hospital Services Information Technology Vendor Fair
- VioPoint Hosts Data Security Webinar Featuring Imperva, a Leading Expert in Application and Database Security
- Practical Risk Management: An Inside Look at How One Company Achieved Balance
- GreenStone Selects Modulo’s Risk and Compliance Solution
- Delta Dental Selects Modulo to Automate Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Imprivata Honors iPartners for Strong Results in 2007
- Henry Ford Health System’s Radiology Services Implements Imprivata OneSign Single Sign-on
- VioPoint Employs Modulo Risk Manager to Expedite Security and Compliance Projects